Compton Abbas Airfield CORONA VIRUS STATEMENT 19th March 2020
At Compton we have issued some guidelines for our staff members and those visiting us, these have been amended daily as we get more information. Please can we ask that everyone is vigilant with the procedures we have put in place and that we ask of you in the information below. Please also adhere to all government and NHS guidelines as they are issued. If you have any cough, or any temperature at all, then please do not come to the airfield. Thank you.
*Cafe open at present and offering take away food and drink as well as onsite food and drink
*Flying school open for solo hirers and resident owners, but we have suspended dual lessons and experience flights.
What we are doing to try and protect staff and customers:
*If you are presenting with a cough or a temperature then please do not enter the building. Please follow the most recent government and NHS guidelines*
- Unfortunately due to theft and a severe shortage of sanitiser, we are unable to provide this for customers at present. We ask that you wash your hands thoroughly with soap on entering the premises, as per NHS recommendations.
- We have hand sanitiser behind the bar & operations. This will be used by staff after each customer transaction. We are asking for contactless payments where possible.
- We have increased strength sanitiser which we use to wipe the tables between each customer use. We are also wiping all chair backs and all regularly touched surfaces such as door handles.
- The kitchen soap is anti-bacterial and is used regularly by kitchen staff, especially those who deal with customers.
- Kitchen staff are not permitted to use their phones in the kitchen or handle cash.
- We will regularly be sanitising customer counters.
- We ask that you uphold social distancing as far as is possible.
- We have moved tables so that they are spaced further apart for those that wish to come up and eat.
- We are providing a take away service for all our baguettes, sandwiches, cakes and drinks. Please phone ahead if you would like to take anything away and we will get it ready for you.